Search engine optimization (SEO) is the technique of affecting the visibility of a website (or a web page) in a search engine results pages (organic results).
Why SEO is required for a company?
In this growing market, having a website well optimized and positioned in the top spot is essential. As many sites are delivering similar service and products, the leading competitive edge that any website can have is by being the fastest one to appear.
Key factors in SEO
- Write great content - Great content is where it all starts. You can have all the keywords in the world, but if your content is no good, people won't stick around on your site and search engines won't find your site valuable.
- Write unique content - Unique content is important too. You need to provide content that has different information than what is on other sites and other Web pages.
- Add new content all the time - Sites that have new content added on a regular basis are seen as more reliable than sites that rarely do. This also helps you to increase the amount of relevant content on your site, which also improves your rankings
- Create a great keyword phrase - The first thing you should do when working on search engine optimization is find a great keyword phrase forthat page. You shouldn't try to optimize your entire site to one keyword phrase - instead focus on writing pages for specific keywords and phrases.
- Choose a phrase that is popular, but not too popular - When trying to decide on a keyword phrase, you want to find one that is popular but not extremely popular. This may seem counter-intuitive, but the reality is that extremely popular keywords are very desirable and so very competitive. It's better to try to optimize for keywords that you can rank higher. You'll get more page views from a less popular keyword when you're on the first or second page of the search engines, than from a super popular keyword that you only make it to page 50 of search engines.
- Write an accessible site - Accessible HTMLis accessible to both search engine spiders and screen readers. The more accessible you make your pages, the easier it will be for search engines to read and rank your pages.
- Use the keyword phrase in your title tag - The title tag is one of the most important tags on your Web page. And placing your keyword phrase in the title tag, preferably at the beginning, is very important to get that phrase into the search engines. Plus, that puts your keyword phrase as the link in the search engine index
- Get a domain with your keyword phrase - Putting your keyword phrase in your domain name is a great way to optimize for that phrase
- Use the keyword phrase in your URL - Even if you can't get your keywords into your domain name, you can put them into your URLs. Search engines read the URLs and assign value to the text they find there.
- Use your keyword phrase a lot, but not too much - The ratio of your keywords to the rest of the text on your page is called the keyword density. It's important to repeat your keywords in your document, but not too much. Keyword density should be between 3 and 7% for your primary keyword phrase and 1-2% for any secondary keywords or keyword phrases.
Read more on www.netiapps.com